Have you ever needed to shoot something with a bullet like a perfume bottle or a fish tank or maybe blow something up like a melon, laptop, or TV. We can help! As a fully licensed and insured special effects facility, J&M has the ability to perform these and many other effects in our Brooklyn studio space. Our studio space which is located in the back of our warehouse features:
Demo studio space specifics:
- 26ft x 32ft of floor space.
- 23ft ceiling
- (2) 20ft trusses on dual ½ ton motors
- 600 amps of 3 phase power (200 amps per leg) 5 wire #2 cam-loc breakout (G&N reversed)
- Permitting for a wide variety of pyrotechnic and weapon effects
- Access to our modest supply of grip and electrical equipment (please call for specific needs or contact Eastern Effects lighting rental, conveniently located only blocks away)
- Access to our talented and licensed Special Effects and Pyrotechnic staff. Please inquire and book availability in advance.
- Access to our complete warehouse of special effects tools and equipment, giving you the flexibility to try new solutions. (non-prepped/ordered equipment as available on “paid-as-used” basis)
- Courtesy fridge, stocked with an assortment of sodas and waters.
- Wireless internet access
- Tables and chairs
- 10ft x 10ft tent for use a temporary client area
- Day parking for up to 3 vehicles
Be as messy as you like however, please keep in mind the studio is expected to be left in a swept-clean condition. Please be sure to allow enough time in your day for strike and cleanup to avoid unnecessary clean-up and overtime charges.
J&M is fully licensed and insured company for all of the services it offers, however, our insurance company requires that J&M be named as “Additionally Insured” and “Loss Payee” on your General Liability Insurance policy for all rentals.
If you have additional questions or need additional information, please don’t hesitate to give us a call! We’re happy to work with you to achieve the best effect for your production.
Blue Bottle and bullet photo credit Steve Romano - Velocity Media Systems